Pro's & Con's of Pads
There are plenty of benefits to using cloth pads:
- Investment – with careful washing and care, your pads will last upwards of 5+ years
- They are kinder to your skin, with less chemicals and natural fabrics
- They are easier on the planet, as they are reusable, and you don’t have oodles of plastic, wrapping and pads going to landfill every month
- They look pretty – there are lots of lovely patterns to choose from
- They are more absorbent than disposable pads, so your busy work/play time won’t be interrupted by emergency toilet stops
- If your period is long, cloth pads won’t irritate your skin, and they can be washed and dried quickly, reducing your monthly cost.
- They easily snap into all your favorite underwear
Drawbacks to using cloth pads:
- There is an upfront cost, depending on your cycle length and flow, which can add up for the initial investment
- You do have to wash them.
Check out our articles on washing and caring for cloth pads to see how easily it can fit into your laundry routine.